Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Thursday, June 1, 2006

Holiday Weekend Keeps Me Jumping



Memorial Day Weekend had me going in a lot of directions! I had the incredible opportunity to care for some unusual and wonderful exotic birds. Obviously, my specialty is parrots, however, I am fascinated and eager to learn about all birds.

Imagine my delight to get to care for a Swainson's Toucan, a Silvery Cheeked Hornbill, a baby Tarictic Hornbill, a Lady Ross Touraco, two Victoria Crowned Pigeons, and more! What an experience!

What did I learn? Lots! These guys were very interactive. Their intelligence was extremely evident. The large hornbill knew that I was new and proceeded to knock a hole through a plywood door. I found something to baricade it...she watched and patiently waited for me to leave before starting again in another location. To look into her eyes and see her thinking was amazing.

Life as a parrot nanny is wonderful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home