Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Saturday, May 23, 2009

EDIBLE FLOWERS AND BRANCHES

Here is Lucy enjoying a freshly picked geranium. I try to provide safe branches and flowers for the birds to chew on and eat. Sometimes they just want to tear them apart. Whatever!

The Internet has a very long list of safe branches and plants, but be sure to learn what is what. For instance, honeysuckle flowers are safe and sweet but the vine is toxic. Also, you should know if it has been sprayed with any toxic substance.

I use willow branches, bamboo shoots, ash tree limbs, and citrus limbs. I feed geraniums, nasturtiums, rosemary, zinnias, and squash blossoms.

Maybe your garden has some delectable enrichments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home