Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Leisure Breakfast Shared



Want A Bite?  Yummm.
  When life gets calm and I can take my time with the breakfast chores, I love to wander around the parrots with various foods.  Birds that don't go down to the regular food bowls, will often take a taste of what I am offering.  I feel very connected to these guys.  I'll open a carton of yogurt and offer tastes as I walk around.  Then I'll peel a banana and offer bites through the cage bars. Next, green beans, grapes, apple or whatever...  It's really fun to share breakfast with the flock.  My son, Paul, always brings his breakfast sandwich here and the final bite gets torn into small portions and distributed to the living room birds. Now they watch him intently and await their fair share.  I don't know of many parrot people who can resist sharing what they're eating with their bird!  It's the best way to get them to try something new. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home