Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Thursday, September 7, 2006

Getting Those Head and Neck Pinfeathers

I came across a solution to grooming the prickly pinfeathers on my Scarlet macaw's head and neck. She would only allow so much before getting into a snit and shutting down all attempts. I walked her over to my mirrored closet doors and stood right up to the mirror with her. She always loves to look at herself! I put her head up to the mirror and started preening the new feathers. She submitted her neck as if I were "the other bird." I believe that she saw the reflection as her grooming pal. Success! Now she's much more comfortable and she looks gorgeous! No more porcupine quills. Sorry, no photo available because my hands were busy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home