Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Conversation with a Cockatoo


This is Chauncey. He is my Slender Billed Cockatoo. Chauncey is the smartest bird! Today I had a rather complex conversation with him. His three roomates were in the outdoor cages and he and I were in his room. (I was sweeping up the debris on the floor.) "I want a shower." he said. "I'm busy right now" I responded. "Want to go outside?" he asked. "In a minute, okay?" "I want a shower!" he said louder and more demanding. I spoke back calmly..."I want a shower, please." I suggested. "Please..." he responded. This guy has never said "please" ever! I felt this conversation was real communication. What do you think? By the way, I took him to the shower after that! Good boy, Chauncey!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home