Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Parrots Have Their Own Bonds

I keep my parrots in two parts of my home. One group (the noisy group) has their own "birdroom" equipped with extra sound proofing on the walls! These are foam mattress pads covered with cloth shower curtains and stapled to the walls. It deadens the sound nicely. The other group is currently situated in my living room. I have noticed that my noisy group has become very attached to each other. When I rotate them to a play area or outside cage I do it one bird at a time for their safety as well as mine. What a madhouse during this transition time! Josey cannot bear to be without Molly even for a minute! They seem to think they'll never see the others again. Talk about stress for me! I take one out and hurry back to get the compadre... Once they are all outside, it's quiet for a short while. They also don't like it if I leave their birdroom door open! These guys have created a club and I have to honor it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home