Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Friday, November 28, 2008

How to quiet a loud guest.


Here is Ben on Thanksgiving. The family is trying to have a nice quiet meal at the dining room table only a few feet away. Ben isn't always understanding about other people eating without sharing the meal. He gets a little loud. My solution was to pull out an old friend of his that he hasn't seen since he arrived at my home years ago. When Ben first came to me, he had a mirror and a bell. Both of which he was glued to! I wanted to promote more activity and removed the two companion toys. He is stronger now and gets around fairly well for a thirty year old conure! Seeing his old friend, the mirror, was the solution. Will I leave it in? No. Will it arrive to pacify a noisy bird at crucial times? Yes! It would not be as effective if it was always available. Mirrors should visit a bird, not be a constant companion. You will notice that Ben was also eating his meal at this time. I wouldn't think of eating in front of my parrots without them having their meal at the same time! Eating is a social affair afterall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home