Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Sunday, August 15, 2010

What to do with all those feathers!


Feathers are a natural resource when you have a parrot. It is impossible not to marvel at their beauty. I collect them daily as I clean the cages and display them in an apothecary jar and vase in my foyer. They are a treasure. But, what to do with them?


In the past, I had frequently given them to a Native American Pueblo near Santa Fe New Mexico, where my sister lives.

But recently, I was contacted by an artist that uses feathers as her medium. She does amazing and unique pieces. See for yourself at http://www.featherfantasies.com/ .


I enjoyed meeting Lorra Lee Rose and was delighted to offer her my bounty of feathers. I would like to encourage my fellow parrot lovers to collect both large and small feathers. (She even uses the tiniest of them.)
I will gladly accumulate them here and make a contribution to Lorra on a regular basis. Don't let them go to waste! It's an easy way to support the arts!







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home