Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Friday, February 22, 2008

Noise Sensitivity

For a while there, I was really worried that my birds were too noisy. Yes, they're happy, but they are really noisy at times! When I drove into the driveway, I could hear them easily. I hoped it was just when they saw my car and the rest of the time...

yeah right!

Well, an amazing solution occurred to me. I was so concerned about how loud they sounded from outside, that I went to tap plastics and purchased two sheets of 1/4" clear acrylic. They fit on the inside of the windows using little clips at the bottom and a patch of velcro in the upper corner. (I wanted to be able to easily pop them off.)


This worked like a charm! Once I felt confident that the neighbors weren't hearing the racket, I could relax. The double insulation also made the room quieter and warmer. The birds seem quieter now, although they still amp up the decibel meter now and then. Somehow the plastic on the windows makes everything seem calmer. For those that don't have double paned windows, this might be a good solution for you too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home