Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

My New Bird

Can't quite believe it myself...but I have adopted another bird. This is Sammy. He is a 12 year old cockatiel that was in a Mickaboo foster home for two years. That home was no longer going to be available due to the foster mom moving out of the area so I made the commitment to take Sammy. The foster home is one that I care for when the mom is traveling.

Sammy captured my heart because he was in a small cage and loved to come out while I was there and get his face rubbed and head and neck preened. It also didn't hurt that he whistled the Andy Griffith Tune very happily. What a great little guy.




Now, my house has this happy little character singing away at the top of his lungs. What's a little more noise? As long as the noise is "happy noise".

I have the privilege of having many birds come through my life and this little one just grabbed my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home