Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Otis (Odie) A Strange Bird


This is Odie, a twenty year old umbrella cockatoo. He spent Thanksgiving with me and was very close to the dining room. He has a rather simple pallet and generally eats natural Zupreem pellets and Monkey Bisquits. Trying to entice him to broaden his menu, I offered him a walnut. To further solicit his curiosity, I cracked it for him. Did he take the bait? Well, sort of. He picked up the walnut and proceeded to chip away at the empty half of the shell. He found the object fun to break up and completely ignored the other half that had all the delicious nutmeat in it! Go figure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home