Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Monday, October 26, 2009

Caring For Free Flighted Birds


I love what I do. I have the space and setup to take care of just about any parrot. Chi Chi, seen here in the photos, is a free flighted Nanday Conure. Her mom doesn't want her clipped and I can totally understand her wishes.

Most, if not all, of my parrots are also unclipped. However, they all get plenty of out-of-cage time and out-of-doors time.


I am happy to be able to offer boarding to birds like Chi Chi. She can hang out on the playgym or on her cage and has the freedom to fly around the room if she chooses. She mainly stays near her cage or near the food... but she enjoys a drenching mist shower after breakfast!


I find that the noise level is decreased when Chi Chi is happy and sitting outside of her cage. Nanday's have some real noise issues! Whew! Good thing they come with outgoing and lovable personalities! Chi Chi flies over to my shoulder frequently to ask what's going on. She's a sweetie.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home