Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Saturday, October 10, 2009

A Safe Outdoor Area




This summer I netted my entire outdoor bird cage area. I have since found numerous benefits from this not-very-expensive project. I ordered the netting from www.americannetting.com and it was simple to put up.
Not only does it prevent the parrots from escaping while I take them out to the cages, but it also prevents the predators from getting down to the cages. (The hummingbirds and small songbirds can still pop through and they seem to enjoy the "jay free" zone.)



Yesterday was a beautiful day and I wanted to enjoy it with the birds. A supposedly major storm is looming off the coast making this lovely weather something to relish. I sat out reading my book with a different bird on my knee throughout the afternoon. I wouldn't expect the netting to contain an unwatched parrot, but the safety was appreciated as they sat on my knee and got their head/neck skritches. I would never be comfortable doing this before since all of my birds are completely flighted. Just another benefit from having a safe netted outdoor area for the parrots (and me) to enjoy a sunny day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home