Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Friday, October 16, 2009

The Energy of a Puppy

Currently I have five macaws in residence... Each has a personality and an energy level. Highest on the energy meter is Sierra! When I put her on the ropes she cannot be still. She climbs, hangs, flaps, and moves over the entire apparatus. That's why all of these photos are blurry!


The other macaws are older and more sedate. Thank goodness! Sierra wears me out! Of course I love them all. Macaws are very handle able. They love to be "man-handled" and turned upside down and rolled over on their back. They're strong and often hang by one toenail. Every parrot has a distinct personality. Finding a bird that fits your energy level and lifestyle is important. You won't often find a grey who likes to be wrestled with! That would be beneath them!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home