Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Monday, June 7, 2010

Go Ahead, Make My Day


Here's my sweet old man, Buster. He is certainly going through a cycle of feather picking at the moment. He typically cycles through good times and bad with regard to his plumage. Yesterday I went out to retrieve the parrots from their outdoor flight cages and Buster was adamant...He did NOT want to come in. "Would YOU pick up this bird?" I simply backed down and told him that I would come back for him. I then went to the next parrot and brought in each one. When I came back for Buster, he was in a different and more cooperative mood. Sometimes, you just have to be sensitive to your parrot's feelings and actions. Insisting on cooperation doesn't work well with obstinate parrots!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home