Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I will admit, some parrots are more difficult to handle than others. I have a lot of tricks in my bag but this morning Lulli thought he had the best of me.

I opened his cage door to get him out and he hightailed it to the top of his cage as fast as he could. There, he proceeded to attack a wiffle ball and display his most exuberant taste of freedom. He was really having the time of his life.

I tried to capture his antics with my camera and you can see how fast and loose he was being. The second photo was taken after he slowed down a little.

So, what do you do when a bird goes ballistic and won't settle down? You back off, calm down, and wait (but don't leave the room). He eventually expended much of his energy and decided to climb down to the floor. At that point, I could ask him to step up and get his cooperation. Then he got to go to the large Exotic Enclosure. Lots of space to play!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home