Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Friday, June 23, 2006

Parrots Make Good Alarms

My parrots always let me know when someone has arrived. My Scarlet and Blue & Gold have view locations at the front of my home. When I hear "hello" coming as a chorus from their cages...I know to go take a look.

My Greys, on the other hand, will often ring like the phone. I sometimes fail to go answer it because they are excellent mimics and why bother. Sometimes they ring just as the phone rings. Very confusing when you're out in the garden. When my Greys are in the outdoor cages, they often carry on "phone conversation" when I am on the phone inside the house. How do they do that?

Today all the parrots that were outside went into alarm mode. I quickly went outside to check for hawks or scary cable guys working up the poles. Nothing. But they would not relax. Then, out of the hedge prances a doe and her fawn. They were laying down in the cool and shady cover during the hot afternoon. You cannot hide from my parrots!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home