Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Conure that carries her food in flight

This is Mango.



She has demonstrated a very interesting behavior that I want to share. She is caged with her companion buddy, a blue crowned conure. The photo to the left shows her on a cockatiel's cage in the same room. Mango will go down to the food bowl and pick out her favorite morsel. But instead of eating it there, she flies off with it in her mouth to find a more private spot to devour her treat. Since she is allowed free flight with her companion in a closed room, she has shown me a new behavior that I don't see at my own home. Please email me if your bird takes food and flies off to eat it elsewhere. I found this wonderful to watch. It seems like such a wild and wonderful behavior. Does she do this to keep the other bird from getting her share? They certainly live the good life. Allowing your parrot to fly is wonderful but risky. One must be very careful and have a controled environment. One door or window left open....could be disasterous. Caution is required. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home