Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Kiefer Found A New Home


Kiefer is now residing in a new home where he will have a stay-at-home mom and a dad that knows how to interact and play "tickle tickle" every evening. I know in my heart that this is the best thing for this young smart active little guy. My business is growing and my time isn't. Just caring for all the birds in my home and making the necessary "nanny visits" to other parrot homes leaves me with minimal time for one-on-one attention that each bird requires daily. Kiefer could not get enough. He was always "asking" to come out and play. I miss him terribly and will anxiously await news of his antics and happiness. Allowing one's flock to grow too large is an easy thing to fall into. Every parrot is unique and precious. I love them all. Good parrot homes are difficult to find because I don't want to encourage people to get more birds than they can handle. I also do not want to put a parrot in a home that has no idea what it is like to share a home with a parrot. I interview and question expectations until I get a good feeling about the situation and potential. But still, it's like giving up a child.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home