Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Out of Cage Time Should Promote Exercise


Indy is a Hyacinth Macaw. When he is my guest, I strive to find ways to expend some of his energy. He is young and can be a little bit stubborn. My hanging ropes, limbs, and swings keeps him busy as he climbs, hangs, and navigates his way to each inch. You can see that one of the ropes does not have a ceiling guard up to protect the ceiling. Big mistake because Indy climbs right to the top to explore the hardware! Using his legs and crawling all over this apparatus strengthens his muscles and tires him out...eventually. I can easily wipe up any mess that happens underneath with a tissue. Much easier than papers and rolling platforms. Also, the parrots tend to stay up there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home