Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Home Remodel Projects In A Parrot Home

In the last few weeks, I have had my shower replaced, floors laid, and my hardwood floors refinished. This is not an easy challenge when your home is a parrot home. When the men were working downstairs, I would move the parrots upstairs. A little crowded in the corner room...but they actually seemed to enjoy the quarters. I had the TV on to the cartoon channel to reduce the scary noises. I completely sealed off the doors and vents and did not open them until well after the dust and fumes diminished. To get to my kitchen, I would go outside and around my house. Believe it or not, the parrots now seem quite calm about the whole process. Ventilating well, playing music or TV, and cushioning the casters of each cage with folded washclothes underneath (to absorb some of the vibrations of the hammering) are some of the methods that I use. Sealing off the birds from fumes and dust are the most important. Lastly, providing a calm presence and some warm comfort food distracts them as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home