Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Saturday, May 26, 2007

A Food Challenge

Chauncey, my Slender Bill Cockatoo, is as smart as they come. He was giving me a problem when I served his breakfast that a lot of you can probably identify with! He'd take one look and start flipping the food out and onto the floor. Thanks alot! Well, I decided that this behavior was purely his way of telling me he needs to forage, even for his breakfast. He has multiple foraging toys in his cage that I routinely fill with small treats. Now I take the PVC tube with holes in it (seen in the photos) and fill with his fruit, veggies, and cooked grains. This particular toy is easy to open and clean.
You can see how this is much more of a task to get the food out! He now spends an hour eating instead of a minute. Where there's a will, there's a way!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home