Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Outdoor Time Is Mood Altering

With this lovely warm weather, my birds each get their turn in the rotation to the outdoor cages.

While they bask in the shade, I have a chance to clean up their cages.

While they are outside, I use the garden hose on the shower setting and get them totally drenched. They love this and it gives them a whole new outlook on life. Even my most vocal parrot, Josey Wales, my Umbrella cockatoo, comes back into the house with a new personality. For him, I set the hose nozzle on mist and leave it positioned on him. He unfolds his feathers and turns upside down to capture as much water as possible. When they each come back to a clean and replenished cage, the whole house gets quiet. Ahhhh. The peace lasts for way too little time but it is nice while it lasts! I enjoy giving them all the best possible environment. Boarding guests can take advantage of this outdoor activity if it is permitted by their parents and they can be safely transported to the cages. Yes, I realize the dangers of West Nile Virus, and bird-eating hawks, but one can't live in a glass bubble. I take precautions and cannot deny them the joy of some outdoor time. Happy birds are better behaved and quieter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home