Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Sunday, May 20, 2007

COCKATIEL JUNCTION PLAYGROUND


A lot of people wonder if I allow birds to interact with each other. For the most part, I don't. But I like to allow the cockatiels to have a time out of their individual cages just to fraternize and hang out together. Surprise! They really don't go out of their way to investigate each other. Even when the cage doors are open and they have access to a climbing tree, they pretty much stay to themselves. In these two photos you can see Munch up high on one of the ropes. Vinnie and Elwood are out but sticking to their own area. My two tiels, BJ and Lacy, are not even coming out! They stayed in the cage and watched the activity. Just like if you take small children to a playground...they're reluctant to venture over and say, "Hi!" I do feel they get some benefit from this social interaction. They see each other and get some sense that they are birds in a community. But for those of you who ask, "Do they play together when they visit here?" The answer is usually "no."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home