Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

OUTDOOR DRENCHING

This is Marty. He is a 28 year old Blue and Gold Macaw that is staying
with me for the first time.

He "doesn't like showers" but he sure enjoyed being outdoors and getting wet with the hose set on shower. He watched me as I sprayed Molly, my Blue and Gold, in the neighboring cage. Then he watched as Lucy, my Scarlet, got the same treatment. He observed them fluffing out their feathers and relishing the spray on a hot afternoon. Then, I allowed the spray to drift over in his direction. It came gently from above as I was standing far away. He didn't know what was happening but he knew it felt good! Each day now I take the opportunity to drench him and he has learned to love it! I bet he looks shiny and beautiful by the time he goes home!


This is my Umbrella, Josey Wales. He loves to be in this old "playpen" cage with the hose nozzle set on mist. I can just hang the sprayer on a nail near his cage and he'll get completely wet and actually be quiet for a time. If you look closely, you can see him opening his beak to drink the water. Once they get used to this, it becomes their favorite activity!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home