Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Rains Come Showers Appreciated

When the rain comes in and the barometer drops, the birds get agitated and loud.

I immediately start up the shower process. I prepare breakfast, then I start at one end of the house and place a bird in the shower. While he/she is in the shower, I clean the cage and insert breakfast. When I go get the bird, he/she goes back to the clean cage and warm breakfast. With thirteen parrots currently in the home, this takes a while. It's worth it. The birds settle down and seem quite contented. My birds all know what to expect and thoroughly enjoy the shower routine. See BJ and Lacy (my little old cockatiels) and Molly, my drenched Blue and Gold. Indy, the Hyacinth, on the other hand, is a bit more of a challenge. He sees the shower and tries to evade the inevitable. He flaps and struggles and actually ended up on top of my head the first time. Now, after much soothing and encouragement, he resigns himself to the wetness. (He really does enjoy it. See his smile? He just wouldn't admit it!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home