Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Friday, December 21, 2007

Brrrrr


This is Olive. She is one of the Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill. Tonight I'm sitting here, after tucking in my household of parrots, and I wonder how the wild birds keep from freezing! I even put a blanket over my sensitive plants in the garden! Buster, my feather challenged grey, has a heated perch to roost on if he gets cold. My elderly little cockatiels have a heat panel attached to the side of their cage. I know the wild birds are equipped to handle the cold...and luckily it is a little less cold in San Francisco, but I shiver when I think of them out there! I'm the kind of person who makes warm hummingbird nectar to help the hummers on frigid mornings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home