Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Monday, December 17, 2007

Getting Used To Showers

One more post about the two BGM babies...then, I'll move on to my other guests!

These guys weren't too sure about the shower stall. But once I got them positioned under the warm water....they enjoyed it! Their posture indicates that they are not quite relaxed yet. One is very upright and tall, the other is beginning to relax. By the end of the week, I expect they'll be fluffed and spread out to capture the water and revel in the "downpour." The fact that it's raining outside helps. The parrots seem to get excited about rain. I like shower perches with at least two, preferably three, strong suction cups. I also wrap the perch with self-adhering bandage (sport wrap) to give the birds a solid grip on the wet surface. The shower is the perfect place to let them hang out while I clean their cage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home