Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Parrot Garb


This little blue crowned conure is wearing a collar and chest sock to try to salvage any chance of regaining his feathers. This is one method. I have no answers to the problem of feather picking. I continue to struggle with my own fluffy bird and never cease to analyze every food, environmental exposure, light and humidity condition, and "miracle cure" because many of us are dealing with this unfortunate and guilt-ridden topic. There is no one answer. This little guy and my little guy are extremely friendly and seemingly happy. They get the best of care. I'm trying to start a group of like-minded people to get together periodically to share ideas and lend each other support. Two steps forward and one step back is a difficult path to continually take.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home