Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Flighted Parrots

Many people are now keeping their parrots "flighted." I, myself, keep all of my guys untrimmed. This is a great way to encourage exercise and seems to give the birds a better sense of themselves. Of course, one must be careful not to have accidental mishaps or escapes.

This is Bialy, a maxi pionus, and Gnocchi, a Blue Crowned Conure. They are flighted and while they are staying with me, they are allowed ample time to stretch their wings. Most of their free time is spent hanging out with each other on top of the cages and looking out the window. But when it's time to "go back" they get their exercise evading a simple ride back to the cage. This type of game is fine with me. After a couple of tries, they succumb and accept the inevitable. It's all fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home