Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Friday, June 6, 2008

Buster Blues

Poor Buster. He did not tolerate the collar at all. He fought it and fought it and chewed it and chewed it. The large plastic shield got eaten until it was quite small.


When the flange part came disjointed...I took it off of him. He used to be a happy fuzzy grey bird. Now he is a frustrated grey bird that doesn't understand this new strategy. I tried putting the chest vest on him that Phoenix wore. It was too big. He seemed to tolerate it a little better than the hard collar so I ordered one of those in the appropriate size for Buster.

So, for now, he continues to pluck. Perhaps the Halperidol will kick in and help him with his anxiety issues. And when the new Avian Fashion feather protector arrives, we'll give that a try.

I'm in this for the long haul with Buster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home