Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Monday, September 29, 2008

Update On Buster


Buster is still
fluctuating with his feather progress. He begins to grow in the scallops of chest feathers and then, poof! They're gone.

I still give him the Haldol in hopes that it will calm him and remove his anxiety. Some improvement is better than none!

I have managed to teach him to sip it from the syringe (instead of having to wrap him in a towel). One less stress in his life. "Want your strawberry?" He readily takes the syringe into his beak. Still some gets away... oh well.

The latest anxiety for him was when I decided to trim his flight feathers. I believe in letting a feather challenged bird have his wings. But, after the recent traumatic escape, I decided to clip him. He goes outside daily and I cannot risk seeing him launch into the trees. Would he? Probably not...but that feeling is still fresh in my mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home