Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Macaw or Conure?


Okay, I've had Wishes here for quite a few days now. I understand that some conures are thought to be very close to being considered macaws because they have skin patches on their face. Well, I personally think that the Red Fronted Macaw is a conure! Wishes puts out a constant contact call just like my Blue Crowned Conure. My other large macaws just blast out now and then with their air horn like call. Usually when there is an alarming incident, like someone walking by. Wishes will sit in her cage and make a continual racket. Just like a conure! Shreek, shreek, shreek. She is sweet, and I love her, but I think she is a conure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home