Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Where's my Daddy?

This is Ginny, a bare-eyed cockatoo. She belongs to some very good friends of mine. Why is she here? Because she is obsessed with the man of the house. She is like a compass and points to her man whenever he is present in the home. Since the home has an open design, you can see most of the living space from where Ginny sits. Ginny has a special "cackle" that seems to escape her whenever she thinks "he's out there". One night, after the birds were all tucked in, I was in the kitchen. I hiccuped and, out of the darkest in the other room, a cackle. Of course, I continued to hiccup...and she continued to cackle each time! It made me laugh and soon Ginny had cured my hiccups! This photo is Ginny going on a walkabout in my home to find her man. Cockatoos love to walk on the floor. It is how they spend much of their time in the wild. The Outback of Australia is probably cleaner than my floors! Just try keeping up with the detritus of ten+ birds and a pomeranian! I need an industrial strength Roomba! Santa? Can you hear me now?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home