Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Toy Making Success

Here you can see how brave and bold Barnaby is. I installed one of the toys that I put together and he didn't waste any time at all getting over to it!

Sherry is hoping for the same success, however, a grey has a whole different approach to any new toy. Most greys take a while to warm up to anything new. Part of that is that they don't want to give you the satisfaction of thinking you did something right.

Greys like to make you sweat. Niki looks at the wonderful new creation with a judgmental stance.

I made Chauncey a tube feeder out of a cardboard tube. I wanted to have him dig out one Harrison's cube at a time. He tends to shovel his food all over the floor. Fun eh? Not when it costs a small fortune! When he saw the simple tube with the tiny hatch at the bottom, he moved to the opposite side of his cage and froze. Such a scardy cat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home