Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Monday, June 15, 2009

My Newest Guest Flock




These are some of my newest guests. They are all a family (with the addition of two Sun conures!) and are staying with me for a few days. I'll tell you that is one noisy room!
The top photo is Paco, a mustached parakeet. He is currently on medication and that is one service I am happy to offer. I am experienced in medicating these guys in a calm manner. Paco knows the routine and doesn't seem to get upset or anxious.
Middle photo is Artie, a goffins cockatoo. She has issues, as you can tell. She also needs medication and the method used for her is to insert the medication into a small bit of beloved birdy bread. She nibbles on that until it's all gone. Voila! Medicine taken!
The bottom photo is Winnie, a nanday conure. You can almost hear the racket being broadcast from Winnie! Wow! I have two rooms in my home that I have customized for sound deadening. I installed pieces of plexiglass on the inside of the windows. This helps keep the decibel levels from reaching my neighbors. In the large bird room, I also added foam cushioning to the walls to absorb their blasts. If I had this flock very often, I'd certainly do the same in the small bird room. It helps a lot!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home