Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Caesar The Fastest Budgie Alive

This is Caesar! He is one quick little buzzing bee! He loves to fly but I'm so afraid he will get into trouble in a new environment (my home).
One way to allow him out-of-cage time is to let him come out at night. He can come out and fly around my bedroom and I can turn off the lights and catch him. If the room is darkened, he is less active.
But what about during the day? He has a very small cage (as seen in this photo) and he is an energetic little bird.
I decided the safest way to allow flight was to put him, cage and all, into the large Exotic Enclosure in my living room. I open his cage door and leave him there. He wasn't sure at first, but soon came out like a bullet.
He flew around and around beautifully and when he got tired, he returned to his cage. Home sweet home. I patiently waited and he climbed down and went inside. Voila!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home