Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Foot Toy Box




Each parrot in my flock has a collecting station for the many foot toys and toy parts that they love to hold, chew, and drop. Here you can see Sierra's which is a Smart Crock fastened to the side of her cage. As I clean the cage, I pick up the miscellaneous pieces and put them back into the bowl.


Of course, some of them are pooped on and need to cycle through the dishwasher. I found that the dishwasher area was inundated with various blocks of wood and beads etc. I found these nice little bins at the dollar department at Target. I now keep one on the kitchen counter to collect the parts and pieces after they are clean. Then I take the full bin to the cages and bring an empty one back.
This system has worked well for me. Every piece of wood or knot of rope makes for an interesting item to play with. Don't throw them away. Make your parrot a "toy box" to hold them!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home