Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Flocking Tiels

Currently I have a lot of boarding cockatiels to add to my own flock. The guest tiels seem to enjoy the company of others. Here you can see most of them out for some socialization time on the playgyms in their room. Bubbus, Munchkin, Echo, Sam, Katie, Georgia, and Buffy!
I leave my older tiels, BJ and Lacy, in their cage as they seem to want the peace and solitude of their own environment. "Let the youngsters get out for the fun and games."
Cockatiels flock in large numbers in the wild. However, I find that when they are allowed socialization time here, they pretty much don't know how to act. Each takes a place somewhere on the apparatus and manuevering is done with someone backing away while another changes location. They are quite respectful of each other. The "guys" seem to like being high up and the hens are happy near the millet sprays!
Oppps! My son, Paul, walked by the window and the alert went out! Some stay put and others take flight! All ends up well and they are all accounted for! Frequent nose counts are in order! What fun for them and for me!
Part of the fun of staying here is to get to experience other birds!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home