Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A Safety Net Encloses The Bird Yard

Lucy is watching as Paul installs the netting to prevent escapes and hawk approaches. She blasted him a few times as only a macaw can do and he quit for the day soon afterwards. Darn!
I have many outdoor cages and the parrots love spending time outside on nice days. I have been limited to only taking birds outside that I could easily hold on to. I hold their feet and take them in and out.


I am happy to report that now I am netting in the entire area to prevent escapes. After a visit to the Feathered Nest Aviary, I was impressed with the netting installed over their patio. What a great idea!



I checked out http://www.americannetting.com/ and ordered it! My son, Paul, is shown here installing it.

I will now be able to take birds out that are stick trained or reluctant to let me hold their feet. If you enjoy sitting out on your patio or deck but are afraid to expose your bird to the risk, consider this cheap alternative for safety.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home