Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Friday, October 2, 2009

Analyzing Loud


Yesterday was a beautiful day. The weather was sunny but crisp and the wind had died down nicely. I put all the birds outside thinking that they would revel in the glorious sunshine.
What did they do? Scream and yell. I could not get them to quiet down. I do have neighbors albeit very tolerant ones. I tried everything that I could from sitting out there reading, to giving them a misting. Nothing worked for more than a few minutes.
This photo captures a moment when a wet Sierra found a place in the sun and was quiet for maybe four minutes. I snapped a shot. You can see that she wasn't completely relaxed.
What was making them so loud? Who knows. Perhaps there was a threat from above. Even though the area is netted, hawks can certainly scare the parrots. Maybe it was my son, Paul, working on a brick walkway in the front of the house. The macaws love to watch him through the window in their room. Maybe they knew he was there and they were missing the show. The thought of an impending earthquake crossed my mind as animals seem to sense these things prior to the actual quake.
Whatever it was....I ended up bringing the macaws indoors. Just because I thought they should be enjoying the final days of summer, doesn't mean they wanted to do that. They'll wish for such days come February!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home