Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Friday, September 25, 2009

Indoor Hanging Gym For Parrots

I've revamped my hanging rope playgym! I purchased yet another jumbo Atom! When Indy, a Hyacinth macaw, comes to visit, he brings his own jumbo Atom. I loved having the two of them there and the parrots got a lot of play out of both of them. These Atoms really last and last. My big white one is ancient and still remains in very good shape.
To prepare for the cold months, when the parrots can't enjoy the outdoor cages, I wanted to create a better activity area for them. The hanging Boinggs seemed to work well too except too many parrots would simply stay at the top. The Atoms are more conducive to climbing.
With the big Atoms on each end and the large rope rings in the middle, I can easily remove the rings to allow two parrots to be on the hanging apparatus at the same time. And when one parrot is up there, he/she can traverse across to each end.
Of course, like Kiku here in the photo, there is always the parrot who just wants to hang out. That's okay too! I suggest using small washable rugs underneath or, if you have hard floors, just wipe up any mess after playtime. Much easier than a platform tree.
For your own Atom, visit Mother Pluckin Bird Toys. Michelle has them in small, medium, large, and jumbo! Be sure to use a ceiling guard to prevent the bird from climbing up and damaging the ceiling. If you already have an Atom, consider buying another! One in each room, or two together for more activity and climbing fun. http://www.mpbirdtoys.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home