Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Cleaning Day...What Stress!


I have relented to the fact that I cannot get this whole house clean at any one time. I now have a wonderful couple that comes in once a month to tackle the chore. I have finally found someone who uses my products and respects the birds. Although, I remove the birds and they blast through the mess. I love it!
However, keeping all the parrots happy and quiet with all the turmoil is a real challenge. I put the macaws in the outdoor cages but that soon loses its appeal and they begin to make a lot of noise. So I start to rotate them inside to the ropes. I try to stay out of the way of the cleaning team but also cater to the needs of all the parrots.
This photo is of Bob in the back and Romeo in the front. With four Blue and Golds in residence...I am careful to know who is who! Molly, my own girl, is a puff-a-lump because of her "blown air sac". Sierra is a wild and crazy child who is as outgoing as they come. Bob is a stoic and mellow old dude. Romeo is a bit timid with me but sees all the others and cooperates nicely. You will notice that I differentiate the macaws by personality, not markings.
On cleaning days Buster and Chauncey get rolled outside through their sliding glass door. The cockatiels also get rolled out in the cages to enjoy the beautiful fall day. It's very disruptive to our otherwise slower routine and once the cleaning team leaves...I am exhausted! But the house shines! The parrots work quickly to return this place to its comfortable state of bird debris.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home