Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Friday, January 22, 2010

PJ amidst shredding chaos

My attempts to get PJ to shred everything but herself has been thus far successful. As you can see, it's not a pretty sight. Her cage is crammed with stringy, shreddable, and companionable elements. Wherever she roosts, there is something to share her space and shred or eat. I installed In and Out Crocks throughout her cage. A little food in each. These are available widely if you google Smart Crocks In and Out Crocks.


I sometimes have to outfit a cage when I am the only person here. I can reach to many of the desired positions by extending my arm through the food ports. However, the In and Out crocks are easy to put anywhere by using packing tape to hold the bracket while I go around to the other side to screw on the plastic bolt. Then I remove the tape, of course. A parrot doesn't need hundreds of toys but he/she should have lots of activities. Shredding is a favorite activity! Messy, but popular.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home