Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Monday, January 18, 2010

Veggie Confetti


This is a dark and rainy day. I realize that the birds feel it as well. I wanted to serve a warm and colorful breakfast to keep the decibel level under control.
I heated some of the cooked grains (Psittacine Cuisine) and added some canned pumpkin. This is a great way to add beta carotene, vitamin A, and calcium and make a plain meal more nutritious.
Then, I finely chopped some chard, purple cabbage, carrot, and added kernel corn.
When served, the bowls looked great and the birds (both large and small) dug right in. Can't quite say that the house is quiet, but it's "relatively quiet!"
Sometimes a parrot that won't touch large chunks of vegetables will eat vegetables when they're in tiny pieces. Variety is the spice of life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home