Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Friday, February 26, 2010

Ruby is Rubicon

Sweet Ruby is a boy! When "she" came here, I was skeptical because "she" was so big. I did a quick dna test via Animal Genetics aka Avian BioTech and sure enough. . . male. Does it make a difference? No, not really. Except I like to know who I am dealing with. Do males and females both get hormonal? Sure! But Rubicon, his new name, is about the easiest bird in the world to share a house with. He is not very active yet, and remains quiet, but this too shall pass. I am quite sure that once he gets the lay of the land, he'll become a normal boisterous and happy amazon. He is stepping up beautifully and showering and eating like a champ. When I put him into the Exotic Enclosure, he actually moves around! Oh Boy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home