Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Allergies in Parrots

This is Rico, a greenwing macaw. He has been with me now for over two months while his mom gets situated.

Rico has dietary restrictions because of allergies. He eats Rice Roudybush and fresh produce. All has gone extremely well.

However, recently with this glorious warm weather, I have put him outside to bask in the sunshine. Suddenly, he has a stuffy nose. My thought is that he is experiencing hayfever!

I hate to think that he cannot be outside! A good shower is one way to cleanse the pollen off of him and open up his breathing. Poor Rico, such a sensitive guy!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home