Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Meet Ruby

Meet Ruby. She was purchased at a flea market 28 years ago and has spent all those years in a small and simple environment. She was loved and enjoyed but the owners didn't keep up with the changes in suggested parrot keeping. This Pacific Cage is exactly like the one I had for my first parrot! Back in the 70's, it was the standard option. It was considered much better than the ornate wrought iron Mexican cages.

Ruby was moved upon arrival to a larger cage with toys in it and it was not difficult to see how stressed she became at the change. She was placed on the floor of the cage so that she could take it all in and adjust visually to the new environment.

I had to remove many of the scary toys and, after three hours, I got her to migrate up to a perch where she enjoyed a piece of apple. This will be a long process to acclimate her to today's acceptable parrot environment.

She's a sweet thing and bringing her out of her shell will be a pleasure. Stay tuned for postings on my progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home