Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Friday, November 26, 2010

A New Member of the Flock

This is Sara!  She's a lovely little Lilac Crown Amazon.  Her parents found me and have entrusted me with her care while they are away for a few months.  She is a beloved and spoiled little girl and the light of their lives.  I have had her in the house for a few days and have taken my time to allow her to get the lay of the land.  She was in a small cage and wasn't comfortable with a lot of toys around her so I set up a slightly larger cage and then opened the doors to both and inserted enticing food in the new cage.  She looked at it but wasn't too sure about transferring over.  Then Aaron, one of my clients, arrived. He is tall just like Sara's daddy.  He spoke gently to Sara from the opposite side of the new cage and Sara moved over to be close to him!  Thank you Aaron!  Now Sara is happy ensconced in her new and bigger cage.  I can allow her out more and more each day as I observe her tendency to stay on it and the neighboring play gym. When a new bird comes in, I take my time to learn the bird's character and build rapport.  To hurry may result in anxiety and then the relationship becomes scary.  Sara is now stepping up comfortably and we are off to a great start!  You should hear her try to sing in competition with Simon, Aaron's amazon!  They are quite a duet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home