Parrot Nanny Gayle Reece

Gayle Reece Parrot Nanny Caring for parrots in the San Francisco Bay Area. My Life As A Parrot Nanny. Quite an interesting business! Email me at gayle@parrotnanny.com

Monday, February 21, 2011

What is your bird's pastime?

A Bowl Full of Texture and Fun
I currently have six macaws staying in the "macaw room".  Oro and Azul arrived and it was old home week for the gang.  They don't have indoor voices!  I spoke with their mom and she suggested a bucket with beads in it. 

I immediately installed two large Smart Crocks with plenty of beads and other goodies.  Sure enough, it got quiet!  At least for a short time! 

Every parrot has a preference for some sort of pastime.  For these two, it's fiddling with fun shape and textures. Having the large bowls in the cage make it fairly simple to retrieve the items and toss them up into the bowls when I change the papers.  Poopy ones go to the dishwasher for sure.  We're all bird slaves, right? 

I can think of each bird in my home and rattle off exactly what they prefer to do.  Knuckles loves to fray the ends of Paulie Rope.  Chauncey loves to rattle a toy of hanging washers.  Buster loves to chip away at the Avian Maze Craze blocks.  Munchie like to make forts under paper.  Ben likes to stick his head under his big bell.  And so on and so on! 

What does your parrot like to do?  Send a comment.  I'll post and share with everyone. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home